Sunday, April 4, 2010

NaPoWriMo #4 - Theory Repudiated

From ReadWritePoem: NaPoWriMo, Day #4 -
Write a poem today that illustrates your idea of what is inside-out.

Theory Repudiated
If experience is the greatest teacher,
I should know…
An organ suspended
On ruffled sleeve
Will wither and wane,
Not thrive.
However,
Belief remains -
Hands clapping save faeries…
Bells ringing mean an angel gets his wings…
Good knights arrive on snow white steeds,
While evil dresses in black.
The handsome prince awakens
The beautiful princess
With one kiss…
Proof of Resurrection.
Good people live happily ever after -
Proof of Karma.

Irony recommends
Remanding vital organ to bone jail
Therefore,
increasing its strength -
Callousness required
For survival.
Theory repudiated –
I still believe.

I will clap hands…
Ring bells…
Entertain good knights and handsome princes…
I will welcome kisses
Knowing beauty has many faces and forms.
I will live well,
Knowing “happily ever after”
is best
Measured in moments -
For that
is
truly
all there is
of
Ever After.

©Bridget Nutting, 2010


I am amazed how each day so far, I began with a destination in mind and ended up somewhere else...a virtual road trip sans map...another exciting advenutre of discovery.

Blessings on your day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.