Thursday, April 29, 2010

NaPoWriMo #29 - Read All About It

National Poetry Month Prompt #29 (From ReadWritePoem) - Front Page News.
        For this prompt, choose your favorite newspaper or online news provider. Jot down five to ten headlines that jump out at you and without reading the articles, select elements from each headline to create a new event about which your poem reports.


Read All About It

If you can believe it,
Police unable to confirm woman’s claim.
Boobquake –
Cross cultural education –
five times worse.
Time for a doctor’s visit –
Design from the heart -
Secret Life; Motherhood drives moms to drink.
Too risky to call ET.
Who’s responsible?
A random talk on Wall Street –
The bang is back.
Living the dream –
Family first.

©Bridget Nutting, 2010

7 comments:

1965 Footprints said...

Really good! I hardly believe it, except that I read it in the paper ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a bad man. I'm wanting to hear more about the boobquake.

bridgeanna said...

I had a great time with the headlines this morning. I had to "Chuckle" - Boobquake started on Monday, April 19th as a response to the comments from a religious cleric that women dressing inappropriately leads young mean astray ultimately causing earthquakes...or something along those lines. So, as a counter on Monday, women all over the globe showed more cleavage or went bare-chested to see if it would cause a massive earthquake.

Thanks so much for stopping by this morning!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for elucidating, and glad we're all still here.

one more believer said...

oh man i had to laugh out loud i used boobquake too!!! loved this comical post!!! we all need a good laugh... a life in the day

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However
I am encountering difficulties with your RSS. I don't know why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

Look at my page: how to lose weight quick

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else however it is
only placing the other person's webpage link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar for you.

my blog post rheumatoid arthritis information